For the second time in a week, we have to report a record number of identified positive cases for one single day. A total of 121 samples were processed today, August 6, 2020, some of these are still contacts from San Pedro, the northern districts and from the enhanced surveillance that is currently ongoing countrywide.
A total of 28 positive cases for SARS-CoV2 have been confirmed countrywide and the preliminary breakdown is as follows (this may change as further information is gathered):
- - 1 case in San Ignacio (associated to illegal entry)
- - 1 case in Belmopan (apparent travel to San Pedro)
- - 3 cases in the Northern Region (2 in Santa Marta and one in Orange Walk with link pending to be established)
- - 20 cases in San Pedro (2 related to cluster associated to a church and 10 related to cluster #1, the remaining 8 pending to establish a link to any cluster)
- - 3 in Belize City (2 are linked to San Pedro and one to OW)
One COVID-19 case has recovered making for a total of 80 active cases in the country. The county will be updated tomorrow in terms of the contact tracing strategies that will now change given the increasing number of cases.
“As we move along, consider EVERYONE you meet as a potential COVID-19 CASE and for those who have returned from San Pedro, please remain in isolation and minimize exposure to others,” says Office of Director of Health Services.